Thursday, March 29, 2012

"What's Up, Baby?"

Erica, my heavenly Dumey angel, and Leah, my earthly Dumey angel.

Who do I go to for advice on how to groom my eyebrows without spending loads of money? It makes me smile to imagine your answer...they're out of control, let me tell ya', and you'd laugh.

It's hard to believe a year has passed already. But not a day has gone by that you are not on my heart and on my mind. That will never change. You touched my life inexplicably, sweet friend, and everyday of my life from now until I hear your "What's up, baby?" again, I will carry your legacy with me. It is written on my very soul.

A legacy of passion, creativity, laughter, and love. And the critical importance of taking the time to come alongside and bear one another's burdens. I'm doing my darnedest to own that and carry it out.

Dance and be free, baby.


PS - At our wedding, Mr. Ford and I asked our guests to choose from four different organizations to which we would donate on behalf of each table present. One of those was NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, in loving memory of Erica. All but four tables chose NAMI. Today, we are planning to make that donation. 

1 comment:

  1. How lovely that you did that at your wedding, Ashley. My heart was broken when I heard about Erica last year. She will always be remembered as such a kind, fun person. Lots of prayers for the Dumey family!

    ReplyDelete