Friday, March 16, 2012

Week in Review

We had a great week. After being sick last week with a gnarly cold, I was ready to enjoy my sweet little life again.

We...

- Had a double feature date night at the $5 Tuesday movies. We saw The Lorax and The Artist and then we spent the next hour or so discussing each film's narrative and then the narrative that the two in combination formed. My husband loves narrative. Of all forms. He sees the world through a framework of narratives. I love this about him. He looks for the narrative in everything and then he eagerly shares his thoughts with me. This happens all the time, but especially after we see a movie. I love going to movies with him. A week from Tuesday, we'll see Hunger Games at $5 movies. I'm so excited!

- And in preparation for the movie, I began rereading the book. Yay!

-We had the opportunity to see the pastor that officiated our wedding for the first time since the wedding. It was probably the highlight of our week. I have never met anyone in whom the gift of discernment is so strong. Time spent with him is always, always affirming, uplifting, and liberating. If you spent anytime at all with him at the wedding, I'm sure you experienced this in some capacity. Mr. Ford and I are incredibly blessed by the relationship we have with him.


-I listened to close to an hour of a 3-year-old singing Old MacDonald while he tried to quiet himself down for a nap. I also got to hear The Itsy Bitsy Spider and The Wheels on the Bus. I love my job.

-I made the most incredible pizza for dinner last night, complete with homemade dough. Caramelized onions, mushrooms, spinach, goat cheese, parmesan, a little honey and olive oil whisked together and drizzled on top. Sprinkled a little salt and pepper to finish. Oh, baby. Add a glass of Chardonnay...happy Thursday to us! Yum.


-It has been raining all week and I have been loving it. That's what winter usually is here in Northern California, but like most of the country, we've had a very mild winter (by our standards). So I'm just loving actually getting to wear my galoshes. Tootles and I are taking full advantage of it this morning. We are in full hibernation mode. Coffee, books, and blogs in bed. That's a good Friday morning.

And finally...I can't believe tomorrow marks six months of marriage. We have learned so much about ourselves and each other and our marriage already. This marriage thing is so much better than I ever thought it could be...and I thought it could be pretty darn spectacular. I love being a student of my husband and using that knowledge to build him up, inspire him, and allow him to flourish into the incredible, world-changing man that he is. I have been humbled by his consistent and tender love and the way in which he is allowing me and helping me to be and to find who I am meant to be in the Holy Spirit. Marriage is the ultimate adventure and I have the very best adventuring partner, without a doubt.

Happy Friday, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment