Saturday, November 19, 2011

"There is never any ending to Paris..."

This is why I shouldn't work. It causes month-long absences, my house doesn't get cleaned, and my husband has to beg for clean underwear. Oh well. We press on.

So. We received all of our wedding pictures! Yay! And they are every bit as breathtaking as I had hoped and believed they would be. Seriously. That Jill DeVries is an artist of the highest caliber. Here are just a few of the beauties...and I do mean few, because there are over 1,000 photos in all.

 Offering our vows to one another.
 One of my favorite shots...just as the sun began to set.
 It just feels like a real-life fairytale.
 Some of our decor...my mom's genius come to life.
One of Mr. Ford's favorite shots. I have to agree.

It was truly the best day of my life thus far and I am so grateful for pictures that captured it so perfectly and will allow me to relive it over and over and over for many years to come.  If you are interested and you have approximately 85 hours to spare, here is the online gallery. The password is 091711. Just be sure to come up for air every once in awhile. :)


Our honeymoon in Paris and Nice was equally as wonderful. The thing I love most about Paris is that no matter how many times you've been, there is always something new and wonderful to discover. Paris is the perfect blend of nostalgia and new adventure. I've been a couple of times before...each trip different from any other. But this one was the best yet by far. Paris takes on a whole new shade of rose when you are alone with the one you love getting lost in it's streets. Paris truly is a city for lovers. Something as simple as a picnic on the Seine becomes the most romantic thing you've ever done. Oh my...my heart thumps a little harder just remembering it. I could share anecdotes with you, but I think I'd rather keep the mystery and romance of my Parisian honeymoon between me and my husband. But if you really need a little more, check out the album on facebook for a few more anecdotes and pictures.

After two months (long time, I know), I think I can safely say that married life agrees with the Fords. We are of course still learning how to move in and out and around and meld our lives together, but we are enjoying that process immensely and I think for the most part it has been pretty painless for us. I am learning a lot about what it means to truly respect your husband and to defer to his leadership. I try to be very conscious of ways to do that, which is good since that's what I vowed to do before God and all of our friends and family. :) In all seriousness though, it is just one of those things that you have to be constantly aware of and conscious of. The words you say or don't say and in what setting and in front of whom can make all the difference in your marriage. Of course, I don't pretend to have all of the answers...I've only been doing it for two months! But I do know that much to be true. Marriage is a complex thing...the most beautiful and complex and wonderful and difficult task I've ever undertaken. And I am loving every minute of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment